Sunday, July 8, 2007

Modeling 101- Part 1

How do I get into the world of modeling? Their are so many people that want to be ANTM and this is a tricky business to get into, because there are so many schemers that know about all of these dreams that people have and they want to bank off them.... Meet FBM's new found friend Modeste Golston (17, Shreveport,Louisiana). Modeste sent me an email that stated her passion and how she wants to go into the world of modeling here is a little of it...

"MY NAME IS MODESTE GOLSTON AND I AM 17 YEARS OLD. I STAY IN SHREVEPORT,LOUISIANA AND I WEIGH 100LBS.,5'4 IN HEIGHT. I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP ME ON MODELING AS IN GETTING ME PICKED UP. I REALLY WORK HARD FOR WHATEVER I BELIEVE IN AND MODELING IS MY PASSION. I TAKE IT SERIOUSLY AND I WANT LET YOU DOWN. PLEASE HELP ME B/C IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A DREAM OF MINE AND I STAND UP FOR WHAT I BELIEVE IN. I KNOW THAT YOU CAN HELP ME AND SPREAD MY NAME OUT THERE FOR AN UPCOMING MODEL.PLEASE MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE. I WON'T LET YOU DOWN.I LOVE WHAT I DO AND WHEN I PUT MY MIND INTO WHATEVER I DREAM THEN THAT'S WHEN I CAN COME A TRUE PROFESSIONAL. YOU CAN TRUST ME. LET ME KNOW SOMETHING OKAY."
After reading this email I felt exactly where she was coming from, when I walked into this business as a model, I too had that same sense of urgency for Super Model status, however I did not realize what it was going to take to rise to the top. Tyra Banks has done a wonderful job at showcasing the glamorous side of modeling, however I am still waiting for her to show what a real model's apartment looks like, and what it is really like, when you are waiting for a paid gig's check to clear. In the media today we showcase a glamorous lifestyle when modeling, music, or TV are involved; however like our Simply Featured Model "Yago Monique" has quoted " All the glamorous jobs are not always that glamorous."

First thing first, never pay for the following...
1. Representation ( Your management/agent gets paid when you do)
2. Fashion Show Fees
3. TO BE PUBLISHED IN A MAGAZINE
(I left a few off, please add them readers... we are interactive -LOL-)

SEX is a another thing that is passed around like candy in the business, if someone is offering your stardom for a picture, please just save up your money email me and I will refer you to a great photographer in my data base. Your body is not worth a $200-$700 photo session or pretend fame!

Just be careful and equip yourself with all the tools needed to model before jumping on the bandwagon. Be honest with yourself, set your goals, and don't give up! This business is not easy.

Written By: Dwight Allen O'Neal

Special Thanks:
Modeste Golston

Age:17
Location:Shreveport,Louisiana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get her a photo shoot together... I would like to see the girl glamorized!

Anonymous said...

So what are you going to do now Modeste?

Anonymous said...

I guess nothing!

Anonymous said...

girl all i can tell u is start saving so you don't have to live off anybody else. Pray Pray and Pray some more for wisdom. Follow your dream. My brother is doing a lot of things with his life and He works and a model among other jobs but don't give up GOOOOOD Luck and Be Blesssssed