Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dress Me too




Have you ever noticed that Chanel, Hugo Boss, or Escada does not have a PLUS SIZE or BIG and TALL Size? When you are heavier is it fair for this individual to go without wearing designer garments? Being a fashion junkie is a passion that I have had for years and I love wearing the best of the best, only recently have I gotten to the level of my career where I can call up a stylist or a designer friend to whip together my next outfit for a big event. This is a perk that you get when you are on the rise in the entertainment world, but what about the larger crowd. Many plus size consumers have the money to buy the same things I wear, however it does not come in their sizes. Of course if you are MoNique, Anthony Anderson, or Drew Carey you can get someone to custom make your next garment, but what about the person that works at Bank of America or who is the local hair stylist in Anywhere, America? They cannot call up Betsy and have her whip up a size 18/20.




One New Yorker mentioned to me that some of the smaller brands are catering to plus size, but the big boys have not decided to join this team just yet. If I were big I would tell them, don't worry about me, because the new O'Neal Appeal collection is coming out this fall!






Written By: Dwight Allen O'Neal

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya... Big boys need love too!

Anonymous said...

There are plus size designers... Sean John is one of them!

Anonymous said...

Wow that picture is so funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

DWIGHT I LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dwight, you hit this one on the spot. My husband said to me the same thing about BIG MAN's sizes. So I decided to come out with BIG MEN's sizes to accomodate him and his big friends. I love it!!!